Smartwatches come in different types and variants. Few smartwatches offer LTE or Cellular, and these smartwatches can make calls and answer text by connecting with smartphones.
But most people don’t have LTE variants; whether their smartwatch needs to be near the phone to make calls or reply to a text? Keep on reading to know the facts.
Does a Smartwatch Need to be Near Your Phone?
If your smartwatch has LTE then there is no need for a smartphone. You can leave the smartphone at your home and go anywhere. But If you have a BlueTooth smartwatch variant, then it needs to be near a phone to make calls or reply to a text.
However, if you don’t have an LTE-equipped smartwatch then you need to maintain a distance of 30 feet from your smartphone to make and receive calls, and text messages.
So, before making a decision, you need to be well aware of these features on your smartwatch. Besides, different watches have different ranges according to their company which will be discussed next in the article.
What is LTE?
LTE, in easier words, is the ability of a smartwatch to make calls and send messages. There are hundreds of smartwatch companies out there that are into smartwatch manufacturing.
Each watch has a different range depending on its features, and we will discuss some famous companies and their features for your convenience.
1. Samsung Smartwatches
The first one is Samsung. The best thing is since they are a top-tier brand, they have provided their users with the LTE option and they also have the Bluetooth option.
The Bluetooth range is also decent, so you won’t face any problems while using your smartwatch.
- The smartwatches have 30 feet of connectivity range, and it is great. All of the modern Samsung Smartwatches are LTE. Hence, you can leave your phone at home and go to work.
- If you are still thinking that, does a smartwatch need to be near a phone because of network problems? Then let us tell you that these modern smartwatches are also 4G equipped. You can easily make calls respond to texts, and do online shopping. There will be zero network problems unless there is a problem in your area.
- One of the most popular watches from Samsung’s side is their recent LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy watch 4. Undoubtedly, it is a great value-to-money product that will fulfil your expectations.
2. Apple Watches
Without a doubt, Apple is the best-selling international brand. No other brand produces such amazing quality smart watches. However, it isn’t so friendly with releasing budget-friendly watches, which is why we have listed it after Samsung.
Almost every other Apple watch isn’t dependent on mobiles. The intention of manufacturers was to design a product that is independent and well-designed.
In short, most of them are LTE equipped and can be used independently.
- The watch allows you to move away 33 feet away from your mobile. This is more than what other watches provide, but it isn’t a huge factor.
- Moreover, if you are buying a recent model from Apple, it will be LTE equipped, and there won’t be much you do with connectivity.
- If you are planning to go for an Apple watch, then the Apple Watch Series 8 has almost all of the updated features you would expect from an ordinary smartphone.
3. Fossil Watches
Another famous brand is Fossil. Their watches have proved why they are one of the best brands in the watch industry.
They have been into other businesses as well, which made a lot of people doubtful about their quality and features. But their products surpassed expectations as soon as they were released.
- There is no point in comparing these watches with Samsung or apple because there is no comparison. Samsung and Apple are making their watches fully independent. In contrast, you will definitely find some models of Fossil where their watches aren’t LTE equipped.
- It has a 30 feet Bluetooth range depending on your environment, just like Samsung and other brands. They also develop LTE-capable models that are fully independent.
- Usually, the goal of the Fossil is to produce a quality watch that is lighter on the hands and the budget. Most of their watches are affordable and easy for an average person to purchase.
4. Garmin Watches
If you are a sports enthusiast or someone who loves to go out on adventures, this is a name you would’ve heard. Garmin has always worked on making the life of sports enthusiasts easier and better.
Their watches are filled with dozens of options dedicated to sports.
- There are a lot of Garmin watches for which you don’t have to pay thousands of dollars. They are fully independent LTE equipped. You can leave your smartphone at home and go on any sports activity or even for a normal walk.
- If you want to make a purchase; Forerunner 945 is a great value-to-money product. They can offer great features at less price.
We hope that we have cleared your question regarding does a smartwatch needs to be near a phone. Since we have mentioned buying a smartwatch, you should always be mindful of what you are purchasing and why you are purchasing it.
If you make a purchase without fully understanding your need and use, it might not make you happy. However, if you can take some time and do the opposite, you will definitely be satisfied with your purchase.
Thank you for reading!
How To Open SIM Card Slot On Apple Watch?
Does Smartwatch Needs a Sim Card?
How to Activate Sim Card for Smartwatch?
Hi, I’m Saad Dastagir. I’m a tech and fitness enthusiast who loves writing about smartwatches and fitness trackers. When I’m not testing out new gadgets, you can find me out on a hike or exploring new adventures. My passion for technology, fitness, and the great outdoors has led me to create a platform where I can share my experiences, insights, and reviews on the latest gear.