This article will discuss how you can remove the Fitbit’s battery? If so, then how can you remove it using DIY tips.
It doesn’t come with removable batteries, but if you face any fault in Fitbit’s battery, you can remove them. If you’re a DIY person, you can easily replace the battery of your Fitbit. And if you don’t want to take a risk, take your Fitbit to some repair shop.
Can Fitbit Battery Be Replaced?
The answer is no, though it is technically correct. For consumers, it is a confusing statement, but that’s the reality. The process of replacing the Fitbit battery is more complicated than it should be.
Fitbit won’t allow its users to change the battery because of its business logiclogic. Fitbit wants to convince its customer to buy a new Fitbit once their battery life finishes, instead of replacing batteries that might be a great loss for the company.
However, by having a little technical knowledge, it is possible to replace the Fitbit’s battery yourself.
How to Change the Fitbit Battery?
Fitbit batteries, like all others, are meant to have a specific number of charging cycles before they need to be replaced. As they become charged and discharged, their energy storage capacity decreases.
After a certain number of charging cycles, batteries can no longer receive or store energy. When this occurs, the batteries are assumed to be dead. Battery replacement is the ultimate solution to this problem.
Now, how to change the battery is the primary concern because it is not as easy as you think. To do this, you’ll have to dismantle your watch and get into its internal workings.
Be aware that not everyone is capable of handling this, so don’t take the risk. Alternatively, hire a professional to do it for you.
Following instructions are for the Fitbit Charge HR, but these instructions should apply to other Fitbits with slight modifications because every Fitbit model has a specific battery. Therefore, these instructions are not always guaranteed to be correct.
But before discussing these instructions, it is essential to understand what equipment is required for this entire process. These are:
- Some pieces of plastic to separate the band
- A Torx driver
- A new battery
- A soldering iron
Now, let’s begin the procedure.
1. Remove the Band from the Casing.
- The first step is to remove the four Torx screws from inside the band of the watch.
- After that, you must remove the housing on both sides of the band. If you don’t have a blade, you can use a pair of scissors or two pieces of plastic. Make sure you don’t put too much pressure on the assembly, as it’s already locked into place.
- Next, you must remove the circuit board from the electronic case. Remove the two screws holding the circuit board in place using your Torx driver. To remove the board, begin by prying it out with care, ensuring no components are damaged.
2. Removal of Defunct Battery
- Now, remove the battery connections from the circuit board and prepare a replacement battery for your device.
- Smoldering is the next step. We recommend that you tie down the circuit board while you’re working on it because it can be challenging to smolder it while you’re carrying it.
3. Connection of New Battery
- Smolder your new battery into position on the circuit board where you previously removed the old one.
- Before you remove the old battery, splice the two wires that connect it. It prevents circuit board shorting.
- Connect the charger for at least 20 minutes after replacing the faulty battery. Afterward, you can remove the charger to ensure the replacement is working.
- After that, put everything back together. Assemble the circuit board with the electronic case by screwing it back in.
- Re-insert the case into the band, being cautious not to break it.
- Make sure that the band’s electronic housing is firmly attached to the band.
Remember that doing so is dangerous and necessitates the proper equipment and knowledge. It also voids the warranty on your device. To be on the safe side, if the warranty hasn’t expired, you should replace it.
Why Isn’t My Fitbit Charging?
Sadly, a dead battery is a common source of this problem. However, be sure that the device is entirely dead before you proceed with the replacing procedure.
If you follow the guidelines below, you’ll be able to find out. If any of the following steps have worked, excellent! Alternatively, you’ll have to take a risk because the only solution to a dead battery is to have it replaced.
- Try a different charger to see whether the problem is with the charger or the socket.
- If this doesn’t work, reset your Fitbit gadget.
- Make sure the Fitbit’s charging port is free of debris. To ensure that your charger is truly making adequate contact with where it needs to be, give this region a thorough cleaning.
- Clean the area with a toothbrush or a toothpick. Take care not to scratch or damage it with anything you use.
Tips for Extending the Battery Life of Fitbit
You can get the most out of the battery life of Fitbit devices by following these confirmed and tested advice from Fitbit customers.
- Temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and above 113 degrees Fahrenheit should never be used to charge a Fitbit gadget. It will cause the batteries to deplete more quickly.
- Do not overcharge any Fitbit gadget, no matter what kind it is. You should be aware that lithium-ion batteries are not tolerant of overcharging.
- Make sure the screen isn’t overly bright or dark on devices that offer screen brightness adjustment. Screen brightness is a significant drain on battery life.
- Fitbit trackers and watches should be charged 100% every six months and at least once a year for watches. It is to ensure that the battery is continuously being inspected.
By reading this post and applying the information to your device, you should solve the problem; can the Fitbit battery be replaced?
Replacing a Fitbit battery that has died can be risky, but it is possible to do so effectively with the proper measures. If it doesn’t work out, you may always hire a technician to do it for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do Fitbit batteries need to be replaced?
Yes, it is true. The reason for this is that everything in the world has a shelf life of some sort. Batteries are the same. A Fitbit battery should last between two to five years. After this time, it is no longer usable and needs to be replaced.
How long do Fitbit batteries last?
On a single charge, a Fitbit battery can last up to seven days. It is dependent on how frequently you use it as well as the Fitbit’s model and age. However, if your Fitbit battery ever fails, you’ll have to buy a new one.
Hi there! I’m Syeda Masooma, the senior writer at Gorilla-fitnesswatches.com. I love to review different health gadgets and smartwatches. Our goal is to share the best piece of knowledge with you.