You can charge your smartwatch without a charger using a power bank, portable chargers or magnetic chargers. But not every smartwatch will support a third party charging device.
If you have an Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy Watch, or Garmin watch, then you can quickly charge your device without a charger.
Most commonly, people use a magnetic charger as it’s the most convenient way of boosting the battery. Magnetic chargers can also fit into your cars or office table, and along with watches it will also charge your smartphones.
Related Post: How To Charge Fitbit Without a Charger
Ways To Charge Your Smartwatch Without a Charger:
1- Charge Your Watch From Power Bank
Almost everyone has a Powerbank, and you can easily charge your smartwatches with it. This is one of the affordable ways to charge your smartwatches and smartphones.
The best part is you can charge almost every smartwatch with your power bank. Make sure you have a solid power bank that can also charge the rest of the devices. Follow these simple steps to charge your smartwatch with a power bank.
- First of all, your power bank should be charged enough to transfer its voltage to your smartwatch.
- Press the power button to activate the power bank.
- Now connect the charging cable with your power bank and smartwatch.
- Check the battery level on the watch.
- Once it is fully charged, then turn off the power button.
For your ease, you can also use wireless power banks. In this case, you don’t need any irritating cable. But only a few smartwatches are charged with wireless power banks.
For charging with wireless power banks, you should position the backside of your watch with the backside of the power bank. Make sure both devices are aligned at that charging coil.
2- Use Portable Wireless Chargers
If you are the owner of an Apple watch, this is the perfect way to charge your smartwatch without a charger. You can easily put these small chargers into your pocket and charge your smartwatch anytime and anywhere.
But first you must have to charge the charger to full before use. These chargers have up to 1000mAh of battery which is enough to charge your Apple Watch at least twice. Follow these steps to charge your watch with these portable chargers.
- Press the 1-time power button to activate the charger
- Then hold the charger near the back of the watch, and magnets will automatically adjust it in the right place.
- Check the battery status on your watch.
Best Way to Charge Samsung Watch Without Charger
For Samsung watch users, there is another exciting way to charge their smartwatches without chargers. But for this method, you should have a Samsung Galaxy Phone.
There are “Wireless Powershare” features available in most the Galaxy phones include; Galaxy Z flip, S10 series, Galaxy S20 series, Note 10 series, and Note 20 series. “Wireless Powershare” features enables you to charge your smart wear from your phone battery.
Steps To Charge Your Galaxy Watch With PowerShare feature.
- From the top, swipe down your notification bar for quick toggles.
- Now again, swipe down the top bar and find the wireless power share icon from quick settings.
- Tap on the “Wireless PowerShare”, and it will take you to the next screen.
- Now you will see the PowerShare on/off button. Turn it on.
- The power share feature is active. Place your Galaxy watch and Galaxy phone back-to-back.
- The charging will only work if you place the watch on the very top of the charging coil.
- After accurate alignment, you will see the notification on your phone.
- Once your smartwatch is fully charged, make sure to turn off the “Powershare” features from settings.
Charge Your Fitbit & Garmin Smartwatch Without Charger
Fitbit and Garmin users can also charge their devices without chargers. There is also a portable magnetic charger for these devices. These chargers are very lightweight, and you can take them with you anywhere.
You don’t need extra charging cables, and this portable charger will save you from the hassles of tangling cables. It has built-in protection against over-current, over-voltage, short circuits, and over-temperature to provide a safe environment for the watch and charger.
This charger comes with USB Type-A, and you can attach it will any Type A supporting source. After attaching the charging source, place the backside of your Fitbit watch on it.
You can also use charger docks for Garmin watches. This is another convenient way method to charge your smartwatch.
Most people are frustrated with tons of charging cables, but every smartwatch user can also charge a smartwatch without chargers. Especially if you own a Watch like Galaxy, Apple, Fitbit or Garmin, you can do wireless charging.
And luckily, wireless charging is not an expensive method anymore. You can buy a 10 bucks charger from Amazon that will charge your smartwatch at least 2 times, which is fantastic.
Hi! I am Saad Dastagir, an enthusiast of smartwatches and fitness trackers. This blog is created to bring my personal experience with smartwatches in front of you. Our team tests different types of smartwatches and fitness gadgets constantly and shares hands-on experiences with you.